In the 1864, Charles Darwin originated the well known theory “Survival of the Fittest” and we can see and feel the same environment. Yes, Competition is there in every nook and corner of this society. In present scenario we can see that every human strives to get recognition and appreciation. So the five things you should know about school before making any decision.
- EDUCATION: The term “Education” is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. Now a day’s practical training with activity based learning plays a vital role in one’s life. In activity based learning child will get to know the traits of team building, civilized human behavior, develop his intellect, develop sport skills, physical training, develop his oratory skills, develop imaginative skills by involving in crafts and learn skills on Kinesics. It is essential to have sessions on yogic exercises, Physical exercises to boost their immunity and stamina level. With ever-changing world, the course, and subject matter are also revised and drafted as per the need of the today’s generation, now the schools are involved in professional acting courses, dance, singing and music, schools even have courses on painting, linguistic, carpentry etc.These qualities and teachings are indispensable for all round development of the child, once child has inculcated these qualities, he will become the well informed and edified human being of this motherland. Child will learn the basics of “Being Human” and will cherish forever.
- Infrastructure: “An investment in the Knowledge pays the best interest, so quality of investment done on the infrastructure defines the quality of education, for all round development it is necessary to have proper infrastructure with Ventilated class rooms, lush green garden for outside activity, well managed transportation system with proper monitoring/tracking devices, proper sanitation, proper RO purified water, hygienic cafeteria where kids can get nutritious food.
- Reasonable and Affordable Fees: It is the desire of the every parent to provide quality education and they make every attempt to fulfill the same. They want to provide best education with affordable and reasonable fees.
- Teacher Child Ratio A teacher, no matter how good she is can do only so much if there are many students that she has to attend to. At the pre school level, the ideal teacher student ratio should not exceed 1:20 to ensure that each child receives personalized attention. It is therefore not only important to enquire of the teacher student ratio but to also check if it is actually being implemented. A high ratio is defiuse for a RED ALARM!
- Behavior of the staff: As it is the well known fact that school is the temple of knowledge, wisdom and character building. In this temple what they will learn it will have an everlasting impact on their minds. So the behavior of the staff (teaching and non teaching) should be polite, courteous and must have proper escorts to attend their needs.
- Safety and Security: The number 1 factor in choosing the play school, no marks for guessing, is safety and security. When you are sending a bit of your heart away from yourself, the first thing that you need to ascertain is definitely how safe he or she is going to be. “ The school’s being well guarded and well fenced is extremely important”, says Sarita Joshi, a mother of two. The other aspects to look for include:
- What are the pick up and drop guidelines?
- Is the school being manned by security guards? Can a visitor enter its premises without prior appointment?
- Do they have CCTV cameras? As a parent would you have access to the live feed? There have been enough and more instances where untoward instances have occurred in schools and there were either no CCTV cameras or they weren’t operational. This therefore is really a non-negotiable aspect in your choice of school.
Just as you have left no stone unturned in child proofing your home, you want to make sure that the school too has a whole lot of safety measures in place:
- Are fire safety measures in place? Are there enough fire extinguishers?
- What are the qualities of toys being used? Are they lead free?